Sunday, March 9, 2008

Shamrock 15K Recap

Overall I am satisfied with my results. I felt light and it felt easy for the first 4 miles. The Northampton hill was tough and I developed a wicked side stitch that I couldn't shake the rest of the way. My time was slower than I expected...so I give my performance a C+. I give my legs & lungs an A- as I never really got fatigued. I just kept slowing my pace to shake the stitch. Much better shape this year. I will run the Malachi 5 miler next week for a better apples to apples comparison of my fitness.

Weekly Training
Monday, 3-10: Run 1:15 easy
Tuesday, 3-11: AM Run - 1:30 easy. PM Run - Track: WU 2 as usual. Main set is 10x1 miles.
Wednesday, 3-12: AM Run - 1:40 hrs total with 20 min warmup then MP rest of run.
Thursday, 3-13: Run - 1:15 easy
Friday, 3-14: A few miles with some striders.
Saturday, 3-15: Race - St. Malachi 5 miler
Sunday, 3-16: Run 1:20 with 20 min warmup

1 comments:

Soapin' Cindy March 10, 2008 at 4:19 AM  

Great job out there Jim! I love this course. It beats me to all hell but I love it. My lungs get a C on the course and I'd give my legs a B+--the 50K training did wonders there.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP