Monday, March 3, 2008

Shamrock 15K


This coming weekend is the Shamrock 15K. I haven't run this for the past 3 years because I was responsible for timing it. My timing duties are now over so I now can run it. I hope to go faster than the last time I ran. I was in good shape back then, but my recent training has been tough and I am capable of going faster. I also call this the Chicken Run. I think the course design looks like a baby chick.


Weekly Workout

Monday, 3-3: Run - 1:15 hrs all easy.

Tuesday, 3-4: AM Run - 1 hr easy. PM Run - Track: WU 2. Main set is 5x3 miles at a pace that is 5-10 sec/mile faster than my current predicted marathon pace. Take a very easy 400 between reps.

Wednesday, 3-5: AM Run - 1:30 hrs easy.

Thursday, 3-6: Run - 1:15 hrs all easy.

Friday, 3-7: Off day.

Saturday, 3-8: Run - Pre Race prep run: WU 20 min to 15K race pace. Then back off for 3-4 min. Main set is 4x2 min fartleks at predicted race pace with 3 min easy running in the middle.
Sunday, 3-9: Run - Race 15K.

2 comments:

Lloyd March 3, 2008 at 7:29 PM  

Jim, it appears your training is going well this year.

Shamrock 15k is my 2nd ever 15k, with the first being the 2004 edition. I'm looking forward to improving my time. See you there.

ramblings of a runnner March 12, 2008 at 7:35 AM  

ha! i wish i would have read this blog before I ran this race - the thought of the the "baby chick" race would have been amusing to me while running up that terrifically long hill!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP