Tuesday, April 1, 2008

National Half Marathon

One week before the National Half Marathon I was walking down some steps and twisted my knee. The following week was difficult as my running took a backseat. My goal was to PR at this half. I thought that the rest would help...but it didn't. I went out at my goal pace but quickly realized that my knee would not take it. Plan B was to back it down and run at marathon pace. Fortunately I met a guy before the race who was running the marathon at my goal pace. I hooked up with him for the final 6 miles after backing it down. I was also bummed a bit about the weather. It was a beautiful 70 degrees in DC the day before as I came into town. The cold followed me and starting time temps were around 33. At least it was sunny.

Overall I am disappointed, but I also know the knee can handle marathon pace. Maybe the real plan B is to cautiously try to PR at Boston then go for a half PR at Cleveland.


2 comments:

tony April 1, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

Sorry to hear about TGR, it was awesome as you said, and Tim was GREAT! Also sorry to hear about your knee, but I know you'll rebound and run well in Beantown!

Anonymous,  April 8, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

so for us slow guys....what was your "sub par" half marathon run in?

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP