Tuesday, May 13, 2008

One More Try


I have been quietly running well for the last three weeks. My knee is almost 100% on flat and uphill sections of the road and trail. I am still bothered when I have to brake going downhill, but it is under control. I ran two key workouts over the last week. The first was 4 x 3 mile cut down repeats. I was able to average 7:00 / 6:50 / 6:40 / 6:30 pretty well for each set. Yesterday I ran a 4 mile cut down going 7:00 / 6:30 / 6:00 / 5:30 and felt good. So with that...I am going to run the Cleveland Marathon on Sunday. I am going to take a very different approach this time. The final goal is to finish under 3hrs 15min. That time will ensure an entry into London in '09 if we choose to go that route. My plan is to run with the 2:55-3:00hr guys that I know for at least 15 to 20 miles. If all is well at that point I will creep it down or try to maintain. If things don't go as planned I can back off and just come across the line in hopefully 3:15.


1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 16, 2008 at 10:54 AM  

Good Luck on Sunday Jim!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP