Friday, November 13, 2009

Plan B

Well I sat on my rear end and thought I could sign up for Boston in December. WRONG! It sold out in record time! I will keep my eyes open on any opportunity to jump in....but I will now have to find a plan B. I would like a destination type marathon for Jo and I to get away. Any suggestions?

Club XC Nationals is in a month. I will most likely be slow at that race. I really am not motivated to race well as much as I am to just participate.

December 5th is a big day. The Western States 100 lottery drawing is that day. 1,600 applicants vying for 300 spots. Fat chance I will get in. If not an ultra may be out for 2010.

John N is getting the Hood to Coast team together. I would like to be in top shape for that.

Blog updates have slowed down due to this thing called Facebook. Instant gratification always wins.

6 comments:

Sherry Carpenter,  November 14, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

My sister-in-law has raved about Catalina Island Marathon & her husband loved Big Sur too

Both are not PR material, but supposed to be awesome

Antonio Rodriguez,  November 18, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

The Los Angeles Marathon sounds interesting. possibly get discovered. The race entry fee, with the $9 that active.com adds on, is more than Boston though, $134. When running down Hollywood Blvd, you might be able to see George Hamilton's star on the Walk of Fame.

Antonio,  November 21, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

it depends on what interests you in a marathon.
do you like a course with constant hills, continuously going either up or down then up again and again, enough that it prevents you from obtaining a PR or Boston qualifying time?
you do?!
Well, then the ING Georgia Marathon is your 2010 spring marathon.

Antonio,  November 22, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

I respectfully suggest the inaugural Marti Gras Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in New Orleans on February 28, 2010 as a possiblity.
As a bonus, the New Orleans Marathon has announced that Cowboy Mouth will headline its post-race finish line festival concert and platinum-selling Sister Hazel will serve as the band’s opener.

Antonio,  November 25, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Your Excellency,
     We need a decision asap^. While a certain runner was busy gratifying himself, Boston reached its limit and he ended up on the outside looking in. Los Angeles, Catalina Island, and New Orleans mostly likely will stop accepting entries in a month or so.
Los Angeles has a 25,000 person ceiling.

^as soon as possible

Jim November 28, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

I will decide on December 5th which marathon I will do. IF I get into Western States....then I will do the National Marathon in Washington DC on March 20th. If I DO NOT get into Western States...I will do the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati. Thanks for the input.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP