Sunday, March 21, 2010

Round 2

Well things almost went as planned at the National Marathon. Jo and I had a very good trip. Got to see the sights. Got to rest. Got to meet up with a few great friends. Race morning was perfect. I felt amazingly fresh and good up to mile 18. For the first time ever I started to develop a cramp in my right foot.....between my arch and my toes. It felt like a sharp stabbing pain. I stopped at the next water station to try to stretch it out, which seemed to work for only a minute or so before the pain returned. I backed my pace down and did a combo of stop - stretch - run continuously until the end of the race. I wish I knew the cause. Shoes...maybe, gait...maybe, freakish issue...maybe. I do know that by the afternoon following the race my legs were still pretty fresh. I ran this morning before we left town and no issues seem to linger. I feel like I just did a standard long run workout....which is great news. I have put together an 8 week plan in prep for Cleveland and will give it a go there. I hate seeing opportunities go by but maybe this is a good thing.


I am also going to try to perform double run log duty with Running2Win and Daily Mile. R2W has been my base since 2004 and my running groups are there, so I won't give that up. Daily Mile can take my Garmin data directly so a once or twice a week update will probably happen.

1 comments:

E-Speed March 21, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

sorry things didn't go as planned. Hoping for better for ya in cleveland!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP