Friday, May 4, 2007

Out of the Target Demographic


* I went to see Spiderman 3 with my son Logan last night. Clearly I was the oldest one there by 20+ years. No problem. I am used to that with most of the runners I compete against. About 1 hour into the movie I realized that everyone else was enjoying the movie way more than I was. I quickly realized that I am no longer in the target demographic. The old man in me started thinking it was too cheesy, needed to be shortened, and very predictable. I probably have more in common with "Uncle Ben" than I do "Peter Parker".
* The Cleveland Marathon is in two weeks. This is the toughest time in marathon training. You just want the race to get here. Unlike a 5K or any race under 10 miles, your window of opportunity is very narrow to run well. You just don't bounce from marathon to marathon. I think I am going to skip the Fall marathon season and really focus on the USATF National Club Cross Country Championships in December. Wedged between will be the Burning River 100 mile race in August.
* A great new airline is about to bloom. Check out SkyBus.com. If you can get to Columbus...they fly to a few cities for as low as $10 each way. Great concept.
* I highly recommend the new Nine Inch Nails CD - Year Zero. Sounds alot like their darker, earlier stuff. Guess I haven't completely left that demographic.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP