Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hood to Coast 2008

I found out yesterday that our team has been accepted into the Hood to Coast relay for 2008. The H2C is the largest relay event in the world. It is a 196 mile journey from 6,000 feet up Mt. Hood to the coastal town of Seaside in Oregon. 12 runners make up a team and each team member will run 3 legs. I will probably run a total of 19 or 20 miles which normally is no big deal, but with a relay format you are really running back to back to back 4-7 mile races within a few hours of each other. As usual I am the slowest guy on the team, so I have my work cut out for me. The H2C is another race that I can check off of my "wish list" along with the 100 miler last August. As I get older I would really like to do one of these "big" events each year. My list includes the New York City Marathon and the London Marathon. So 2008 is shaping up nicely. Going for a PR at Boston in April, then switch to my fast gears in preparation for H2C.


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP