Sunday, June 29, 2008

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream aka Training 06/30 to 07/06

I am clearly getting into a rhythm as the training program progresses. I am feeling stronger and my recovery is much quicker. Had another good week. Jumped into a 5K on Saturday and ran well considering the heat and my lack of racing / speed training. I will do another 5K in two weeks and see if I can shave a few seconds off. The Buckeye Trail 50K is the next big race. I will go into that race relaxed, knowing that it is a tough run and anything can happen during those 31 miles. Mud, roots, horse tracks, creek crossings, bugs, stairs, heat, rain, and luck all play a part in this race. My goal is to run well and have fun along the way.

Monday, 6-30: 1 hour easy with XC team
Tuesday, 7-1: AM: 50 min easy. PM: Track - 20x400
Wednesday, 7-2: AM: D&N run. PM: Run with XC team.
Thursday, 7-3: 1 hour easy
Friday, 7-4: Off day. Timing 5K in Hudson.
Saturday, 7-5: Run - 1:30 easy.
Sunday, 7-6: Run - 3 hrs trails.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP