Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hood to Coast is here

I haven't updated this blog for some time now. I have been training hard for Hood to Coast. All signs are good to this point. I ran a 5K in 17:12 last weekend. I know I would have been under 17 if it weren't for an issue around the 2.5 mile mark. My training is going well and I feel really fit. I hope to post updates between my legs at Hood. Not sure how the cell reception will be out there. Worst cast I will recap everything once I get back.

Columbus Marathon - There will be a course change this year....for which I am very happy. The worst part of the course for me has always been between miles 16 and 20. It is a long boring stretch. The course will now go through the Ohio State campus beginning around mile 15.5. I really hope some of the students get out and cheer. I am going to try to have Chris F, a redshirt XC freshman at OSU, pace me for a few miles. My training runs have been far better this year. I am running regularly with Damon B and Nilesh S. Running with them cements my theory about running with people faster than yourself. It only makes you stronger and better. I have always subscribed this approach. My running is the strongest it has been in many years. I turn 45 next week and am looking forward to the Celebrate Westlake 5 miler as my first 45-49 age group race.

Family - Jo is finally off of her crutches. I am sure she will be sore for a few more weeks, but the worst is hopefully over. Maddie and Logan start school next Tuesday. Logan is a Senior and Maddie will be in her first year of Middle School (5th grade). Logan and I will be heading down to Ohio University in a few weeks for a campus visit. I won't tell him about the Intensity Palace (my home down there) or any of the fraternity stories just yet. Let's just get him through his first year there....then I will open up to him.

Work - We just released "Watch It Change" on the iTunes App Store. It is an application that uses the camera to make stop-motion movies on the iPhone. We have received some great reviews from the press. You can check out our website at www.watchitchange.com

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP