Friday, August 14, 2009

Training Update 08.14.09

I know I said I would write a recap for the Burning River 100...but honestly I just don't have the motivation right now to document a blow by blow account of the day. I will say it was good, then very very bad, then very good. Jo kept me in the game and is the sole reason I finished. I can't thank her enough.

Moving Forward
I have two remaining targets in 2009. The first will be the Columbus Marathon. I have come out of the 100 with little to no residual issues. I feel great and am able to run at a good pace. The second target will remain private for right now. First things first.

Training Schedule - August 17th to 23rd
Mon - 8 miles easy
Tue - 19 miles with a few tempo-ish bursts.
Wed - 9 group miles
Thu - 6 easy miles
Fri - 10 easy miles
Sat - 22 miles total. 2 easy + 4 tempo + 10 easy + 4 tempo + 2 easy
Sun - 12 group miles

Cross Country
We had our time trial last night as part of the Heideman XC race. I was very pleased with the performances the kids turned in. Most ran faster than I expected and they even brought home some hardware. It will be interesting how the training plan I have put together for the season shakes out. Hopefully well.

1 comments:

Lloyd August 17, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

Great to hear recovery has been good. It will be fun to see what you can do in the marathon.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP