Sunday, December 27, 2009

National Marathon Training - 12/28 to 1/3

I have been pretty good about following my training plan for the National Marathon, but have had a few schedule conflicts disrupt it a little. This is the first week where I will really lock onto the schedule. I will only hit 90+ three times during the cycle...so this week is important.

Mon 12/28 - 10 miles easy
Tue 12/29 - 2 mile warm up + 4 miles @ 6:30 pace + 4 mins easy + 3 miles @ 6:20 pace + 3 mins easy + 2 miles @ 6:15 pace + 2 mins easy + 1 mile @ 6:15 pace + 2 mile cool down
Wed: AM - 8 miles with Damon / Matt / Rich. PM - 9 miles with Seymour and Dobos.
Thu: 10 easy miles
Fri: 10 easy miles @ Boston Store with Ed and group
Sat: 10 miles with Nakel at doughnut run
Sun: 2 miles easy + 4 miles @ 6:00 pace + 10 miles easy + 2 x 2 miles @ 6:15 pace with 2 min easy between + 2 miles cool down
Total = 95 miles

I have to remember that easy means easy!

+ Logan heads back to Ohio U on the 3rd. I think he is really ready to get back!
+ Maddie got a guitar for Xmas. I hope she stays interested in it. If so....lessons will start in the Spring.
+ Jo will hopefully be running the half in DC while I do the marathon. We will be staying a block from the Capitol. I am really looking forward to the trip.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP