Thursday, July 19, 2007

Near Miss x 2

I have dodged 2 bullets over the last few days. On Saturday I ran the Buckeye Trail 50K. This is a very difficult trail race in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. We went out pretty fast and hit the halfway mark in 2hrs 8 minutes. About a mile and a half later I hit a root and went down hard. I really smashed both of my feet right into a large root. It took me a while to get going again....but eventually I kept moving forward. I could manage the uphill sections, but the flat areas were tough and the downhill sections impossible. Once I got to the mile 26 aid station I took off my shoe and saw my purple toe. Broken for sure. I dropped out of the race at that point.

Good news. I had an x-ray on Monday and the toe is NOT broken. Training for the Burning River 100 starts again today.

Bullet #2 - My car was struck by a young driver last night who completely ignored his stop sign. I could see him coming out of the corner of my eye....so I hit the brakes knowing he had no intention of stopping. The right front of my car is totalled. I can drive it, but it is a mess. Fortunately no one was hurt.


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP