Saturday, July 7, 2007

Summer Sweating

I knocked out my Saturday run after working at the Muddy Paws 10 miler today. I had hoped to run, but a few snags with the registration and my paranoia about the scoring of two races kept me behind the scenes today. Vince and Bill came along for the first 5 miles. We ran the Muddy Paws course as a reminder of the pain everyone had to endure this morning. I was left to go solo for the remaining 3 1/2 hours. I burned through all of the water I had very quickly. My goal to run out and back was quickly killed as the better move was to just do loops and refuel as much as I could. Thank God Jo brought a bag of ice. I was able to use that water for most of the run. You see I sweat a lot. I sweat in my sleep, I sweat sitting at my desk at work, and I sweat after about 1 minute of running. I have lost as much as 6 pounds during a single run. I was quickly reminded that during the BR100 I am going to have to hydrate as much as I can. I was also reminded that I need to Body Glide everything. I am really hoping that Body Glide will reduce the chances of Monkey Butt. Enough said.

1 comments:

Soapin' Cindy July 8, 2007 at 6:27 AM  

Monkey butt? Never heard of that particular affliction, but I think I get it. I was wondering if you ran. How's that for time efficiency? Run a race, get back before the rest of the pack gets in and run the finish line! It was getting pretty hot. Thing about putting Body Glide everywhere is the tendency for EVERYTHING to stick to it. By the end of 100 miles race--you will look like a monkey!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP