Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Burger King vs Chaney


More than one person has told me that my diet is bad. I know this. I do try to eat better...but sometimes I sabotage myself. Yesterday was one of those days. I had a meeting for the USATF Womens 8K Championship that is being run here in Akron in September. I am on the race committee. The last meeting we had there was an email sent asking what we wanted for lunch. I ordered an Italian Sub. Perfect. Well I never received a lunch request for the meeting yesterday. I was hungry so I went to Burger King and grabbed a Double Hamburger and Onion Rings. Wolfed them down on the way to the meeting. Got to the meeting and I had a large Italian Sub with my name on it waiting for me. I couldn't be rude and not eat with the group...so I ate that as well. Double lunch day! Problem was I had an 800 workout a few hours after the meeting. I felt ok the rest of the afternoon and put the food out of my mind. Met Jo and headed to the Kent State Fieldhouse for the workout. Got on the track around 5:30pm. Two laps into my warmup I was fighting heartburn. 2 repeats into my 800 workout I was burping onion rings. I felt like the sub was trying to break out of my stomach like the creature in Alien. Somehow I got through the workout...but I paid for it.

Lessons learned: Better diet. Eat light on hard workout days. I kicked the Burger Kings @ss!


1 comments:

Soapin' Cindy February 10, 2008 at 9:25 AM  

I don't know...my 12 horse grain muselix with nuts and seeds, while very healthy, bloats me up like a tick and makes for very uncomfortable running. There has to be a middle ground.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP