Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week 15 Training

A nice week behind me inspite of the crazy weather. A few curve balls thrown along the way. Found out Tuesday that the Kent State track does not open in the evening until Jan 20th. I had to hit the road for my 1000 meter and 400 meter repeats. I may try to get to the track at lunch this week. We also had a nice ice storm Tuesday night...so our Wednesday run was crap. Rich and I ran an 11:39 mile inside of Sand Run during our Wednesday run....skating on the ice the entire way. On Friday we got a small snow storm. My first week back at the Saturday carriage trail run. Only 4 of us showed up. Roads were aweful and we slipped and slid for most of the run. I ended up splitting my run in half by finishing the workout on a treadmill.

This week will be the same schedule as last. After that it starts to get hard! I have a few "races" that I will be working into the plan. I will be doing marathon paced workouts within these races. I will only compete in one event prior to the Pittsburgh Marathon. I need to select a half marathon. Right now it will either be the Athens Half Marathon or the ORRRC Half Marathon in Xenia.

Mon: 7 miles eas
Tue: 6 miles easy

Wed: 2 miles WU + 5x1000 @ 5K pace w/2 min easy + 6x400 w/3 min easy + 2 miles CD
Thu: 13 miles
Fri: 8 miles easy
Sat: 18 miles - Carriage Trail group
Sun: 12 miles



0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP