Sunday, January 25, 2009

Training / Random Thoughts

Training went well this past week. The tempo run on Tuesday was a good test. Glad Matt did it with me. Saturday was a real challenge and I felt really good about my current fitness level after that. Next week the mileage climb starts. I really hope the temps climb just a little higher.

I see that McDonalds is giving away free samples on Tuesdays. Free samples? Is this for people who have never tasted McDonalds? Maybe this is their economic stimulas package answer.

Jo had a birthday this weekend. Happy Birthday Jo!

The Cavs continue to rock.

Parenting is tough. Being a single parent is tougher. I think it gets easier once your children are above the age of 25. Maybe not.

I have let go of one of my running concerns / cares / guilts. Time to move towards the future.

I don't like people who complain to hear themselves complain. Offer a solution or shut up.

Here is my schedule for 1/26 to 2/1

Mon: 7 miles easy
Tue: Track - 2 mile warm up / 5 x 1 mile repeats / 2 mile cool down
Wed: 13 group miles
Thu: 10 miles
Fri: 10 miles
Sat: 20 miles - Hopefully carriage trail group
Sun: 12 easy miles

4 comments:

Clara January 27, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

I just now found your blog. Wow, how the heck to run so much each week? I thought my measly 40 miles/wk were good. At least that's good motivation.

Jim January 27, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

It's tough but I try to get my running in early AM or at lunch.

Unknown January 28, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

Always thinking of ya, my friend...continue to be a rock!..Slab

Soapin' Cindy February 1, 2009 at 6:08 AM  

Hey Clara...he runs so many miles because he's so darned fast...doesn't take him that long. Hey Jim...tell Jo I said, "Happy Birthday!" I heartily agreed with many of your random thoughts. I thought of posting a rambling "bitch and moan" post about how sick I am of winter, but now maybe I'll just shut up. I think McDonald's is really cleaning up in our current economic crisis; they can afford to give out samples! Stay tuned for expanding waistlines.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP