Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dodged a Bullet

I have been hampered with a nagging left quad since the Green Jewel 50K. It came to a head over the past weekend at the Athens Half Marathon. I could hardly walk the rest of Sunday and the pain was intense. I was convinced I had a stress fracture and that was it for the racing season. I saw the good Dr. Shah early Monday and was shuttled to the MRI unit that afternoon. Results came back today. No stress fracture, but most likely a deep muscle strain. So that means no running the rest of the week and PT starting next Monday. I should be OK for Pittsburgh and more importantly Burning River 100 training. I will be undergoing treatment using the Graston Technique. Should be interesting.

Training Schedule
No running until next week

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP