Sunday, July 19, 2009

Taper Time


I had a very good Buckeye Trail 50K over the weekend. I treated this run as my last tempo type run before the BR100. I did go a little faster than the plan called for though. My target at the turn was 2:22 and I got there at 2:12. I have to admit that it was difficult throttling it back as many runners I know were competing that day. The good news is I really felt relaxed and had a nice long run. No damaging fatigue, no blisters, no bruises....nothing. I really felt great the entire time. Here is video from the day.

Starting Line | Aid Stations | Finish Line

Next is the Burning River 100 Endurance Run. I will post my thoughts and strategy over the next two weeks here on my blog. In between I have Logan's Freshman orientation at Ohio University...a few cross country practices....and preparation for cross country camp which begins the same day the BR100 ends!

1 comments:

Brett S. July 22, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

Nice job on the 50k. And thanks to your wife as well for make time to cheer on all the other runners while crewing for you.

See you somewhere along the BR100 route.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP