Sunday, July 12, 2009

Update July 6th to July 12th

A very good week in the books. Running went according to plan. A few nice uptempo runs during the week then back to back 16 milers over the weekend. Got caught in the wicked rain and thunder on Saturday. Totally soaked but a great run. Very nice run on the BR100 course today with a few guys. Felt super easy and strong towards the end. Three weeks and counting. Next weekend will be a steady pace run at the Buckeye Trail 50K followed by a hilly 12 on Sunday. Taper and rest after that for the BR100.

Due to road construction we made a few course changes to the BR100 this week. I ran and measured the new section from Station Road Bridge to Ottawa Point. I really like the new route and hope others do as well.

I am on the fence about what shoes to wear for the race. I really have had good luck with my Adidas Adizero XT's and will probably go with a new pair of them on race day. I have also been running in Inov-8 265's and like them.

Ohio U is closing in fast on Logan. He doesn't really realize this is it. Truly leaving the nest and moving to the next major chapter of life. We go down for orientation on 7/26 for a few days. I am going to go over the Lambda Chi house while we are there and pitch in on the house renovations. The guys (I am old) will get 1 day of solid work from me.

The day that the BR100 ends is also the first day of the Copley Cross Country camp in PA. I will drive out there early that evening for the next 5 days. I will probably be totally wasted and of no use to them on the trails, but I will give it my best effort.

I believe I am officially the new head coach for the Copley High School Cross Country team. I received the paperwork last week and sent it in. I am really looking forward to coaching the boys and girls program. We have alot of work to do...but we also have alot of young talent that should show signs of success late in the year.

Lastly congrats to Coach Karl for racking up his 3rd 100 miler win of 2009. He smoked everyone at Hardrock (www.hardrock100.com) by running smart and steady. Impressive to say the least. Great job Karl.


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP