Sunday, May 31, 2009

Graduation

Today my son Logan graduates from High School. I clearly remember the first day I took him to Kindergarten. Time really does fly as you get older. For those with children...take advantage of the time you have with your kids when they are young. One of my favorite moments was when Logan was in first grade. He had a cycling t-shirt that said "Europe" on it. He once asked me what his shirt said as I was getting him ready for school. I said "It says Europe". He paused and said "yep...I'm up." Classic. Logan is heading to Ohio University this Fall, and our relationship will surely change as he gets older. I am looking forward to our next chapter together. Great Job Logan. You earned it!

The No Frills All Hills fun run is over. I ended up running 33.75 miles in 5 hrs and 28 minutes. This was an excellent test for me as my 100 miler training really begins in June. The course was tough and I really got a workout hitting the Sound of Music hill repeatedly. Thanks to Rich and Matt for running a few hours each with me.

The Cavs lost last night. I couldn't watch it. They have got to find a new generation big man for the middle. Z is fine but his time has passed. Bigger Better Stronger is the name of the game.

I will be timing my first solo race next weekend using the ChampionChip system. I have been able to learn the system over the last two weeks and look forward to using it at the Race for the Parks in Hudson on the 6th.

1 comments:

Slim,  May 31, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Nice to meet you yesterday Jim. My son Heath also graduated from High School today and will be going to the U of A.

I am also anxious to see how my relationship with my son will change as he begins this next huge step in his life.

Good Luck to Logan and you as well with his progression to adulthood.

Hope that we get to share the trail again soon.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP